A Confidential Report on the Beatles
What? There’s still news on them? We say yes—and we prove it right here!
Now, today, you think you know everything there is to know about The Beatles! You’ve seen it all, read it all, heard it all, haven’t you? But have you? Aren’t there some very secret, very confidential things you couldn’t possibly know—even today? You will now… ’cause we’re going to tell you some of them right here in this issue. Actually, these guys are so interesting and so unusual, there’s no end to the info you can learn about them. Here’s some intimate stuff that amused us—and may amaze you!
- Paul “doodles” whenever he gets a pad and pencil into his hand. And most of his drawings are of weird little men!
- George often got into trouble at school because he’d go behind the school’s unused air-raid shelters to smoke illegally!
- John got by in art school by having other people hand in work for him! (He was too busy to do the work himself.)
- Ringo once said that the recording schedules set to begin at 2 o’clock in the afternoon were as tough as starting work at 6 o’clock in the morning!
- Paul’s favorite gear is a plastic, police-type raincoat he bought way back in 1961!
- John’s little finger on one hand is crooked! He broke it on somebody’s head and it set crooked! He never bothered to have it set straight again!
- Paul once worked (for $28 a week) as the fella who unloads heavy chains from a truck!
- Ringo’s the best photographer of the group!
- The Beatles experience one crash-landing! As they were coming into the airport, the engines started to belch smoke and the pilot decided to hit the ground as quickly as he could! The boys were shaken up, but unhurt!
- George and John once went to the movies instead of showing up for a club date! They did it to show the club managers they couldn’t push the boys around! (The day before, The Beatles had been a bit late for their appearance and they’d been “punished” like children!)